Grounding and Bonding – Based on NFPA and IEEE standards plus government case studies
Course Description: This course covers the relationship of grounding and bonding.
- Module One –Six Secrets of Electricity, Understanding How the Neutral Works, Grounding Electrode, Equipment Ground.
- Module Two – Identification Requirements, Connection Requirements, Relationship to Overcurrent Protection, Ground Fault, Short Circuit, Interrupting Fault Current
- Module Three – Four Purposes of Grounding and Bonding, Grounding and Bonding Language,
- Single Phase and Three Phase System Bonding and Grounding, When Systems Are Not Required to be Bonded, When Systems Are Not Required to be Grounded.
- Module Four – How Ground Faults Respond to Wiring Methods, Understanding Objectionable Currents, Grounding Sensitive Electronic Equipment, Cases Studies.
- Module Five – Grounding and Bonding Transformers, Grounding and Bonding Generators, Separately Derived Systems
- Module Six – Clearing Ground Faults and Short Circuits, Bolted Faults, Sizing Grounding Electrode Conductors
- Module Seven – Bonding Conductors, Main Bonding Jumpers, Equipment Bonding Jumpers, Sizing the Main Bonding Jumper, Sizing the Bonding Jumper
Candidates for this Certification Course:
- Maintenance Managers
- Existing Qualified Electrical Workers
- Plant Managers
- Safety Mangers
- Risk managers
- Project Managers
- Maintenance Technicians
CEU’s –7, PDH’s - 24