Grounding Bonding and Shielding – Based on NFPA and IEEE standards
Course Description: This course covers the relationship of grounding to bonding and shielding.
A special emphasis is placed the relationship of grounding, bonding and shielding to sensitive
Perquisites: Grounding and Bonding
Candidates for this Certification Course:
- Maintenance Managers
- Existing Qualified Electrical Workers
- Plant Managers
- Safety Mangers
- Risk managers
- Project Managers
- Maintenance Technicians
- Module One – Cause and Effects of Objectionable Currents to Sensitive Electronic Equipment, Electrical Interface of Power and IT, Grounding Generators and Transformers, UPS systems, Grounding Electrode Systems, Grounding Performance Fault Current Path, Lightning Protection, Single Point Grounding.
- Module Two – Basic Terms, Electrical Noise, Shielding of Communications Lines and Circuits, Function of an Electromagnetic Field, Signal to Noise Ratio, Coupling, Equipotential plane, Electrostatic Shielding
- Module Three – Grounding and Shielding of Instrumentation and Process Controls, Ground Loops, Signal Isolators, Isolation Grounding.
- Module Four – Ground, Bonding and Shielding of Information Technology, Multiple Separate Grounds, signal Reference Grids.
CEU’s –7, PDH’s - 24